Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Random thoughts in 2013

I seem to be moving in slow motion this year so far but am ready to start kicking into a higher gear.

Last night I signed up to run a half marathon in April with my friend Kelly---that means I need to start doing a weekly long run---I have kept up with my 3 to 4 mile runs so I should be in good shape to get to my goal without injury.

Yesterday I learned that one of my students who has been dealing with severe osteoarthritis pain passed away---rest in peace Dorothy Parks.

We celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary at a new restaurant on the Plaza and had a great time---Cooper's Hawk is a winery restaurant---a great concept.  They have a wine club which includes free wine tastings---a fun way to start an evening!!!!  there wines are made in countryside IL just outside of Chicago but the grapes are from CA WA and OR.

I ordered another pattern from Karla G called Three Blooms and plan to work on it at The Barn retreat which is Jan. 18-21st---I am looking forward to this weekend.  The paper pattern is 14 by 19 so I will enlarge it to at least 21 by 28.5---maybe  larger????



This coming Saturday I am teaching a workshop for our guild---The State Line Rug Hookers---we will be making journal covers for a 6 by 8 journal with heart themes---I have made templates for the students to choose from---should be a fun class---right now there are 24 signed up for the  workshop.

I am also hosting a wine tasting at our home for a group that we belong to that meets every other month at a member's home---our theme for this month is lesser know wine varietals---should be interesting.  We tried out one of them last night called Veritable Quandry---an unusual white blend from CA.

We watched Downton Abbey on Sunday night---glad that season 3 has started.  


Well that is it for today---ready to go for a run---this afternoon I have my annual  doctor appointment---not looking forward to it---grin and bear it!

We are in for a bit of a warmup today---yeah!


Open Studio is scheduled for tomorrow Wednesday from 9 to 4---hope to see some of you there.

Also classes will resume on Monday the 28th and Wednesday the 30th of January.





No comments:

Post a Comment