Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving week

I started my week off early this morning by running The Gobbler Grind---ran the 5K in 29:29---placed first in my division.  I was pleased considering that my legs were very sore yesterday from an hour run that I did on Friday---note to self---don't run for an hour on Friday when you have only been running three miles recently.




Here I am before the race---smiling!

and Here I am at the end of the race---not smiling!


Tomorrow is my last home class of 2010.  We will be having our end of the year Holiday party on the December 15th---it is always the highlight of the year---great food and a great rug show of my students work for the past year.  I am very lucky to have such a great group of women to share my love of rug hooking with.



This is a beautiful Frost Oriental hooked by Floss Stillman---an amazing rug hooker.  She also brought the piece to Teacher's workshop that I taught last year.  Here is her rendition of Early Frost Adaptation.



That's it for tonight.  I have to make some Pumpkin dip for class tomorrow...yummy---with animal crackers.

Here's another plug for my daughter's etsy store.  They have added some fun items.  Check it out!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ourhousevintage

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment