Saturday, February 18, 2012

I can't believe a week has gone by

This has been a busy week recouping from my last workshop and preparing for the Lenexa hook-in and Yellow Rose.

This morning we went to a coffee roasting tour at The Roasterie---a local Kansas City company, with a group of friends---I volunteered to be one of the "tasters" and slurped coffee out of a silverplated spoon---I was a good slurper---the other girl who volunteered was slurp challenged.  Afterwards we had a great lunch at The Westport Local.

Tomorrow I am going to see The Artist---has anyone see it?

I am looking forward to a dinner of some oysters that I brought home from Baton Rouge---yum!

Here are some more photos from the workshop.



Here is a paisley pattern that I designed that was hooked and finished by Cindy at the workshop.  I really like the beading on the paisley on the lefy---she is going to do a proddy edge finish for the pillow ---sorta like I did on this pillow...



or this mat


This pattern is called Dos Gallos y Sol and was designed by Bonifacio Tovar---one of the Rancheritas of Gonzales Mexico---patterns sold by Rug Art Supply.


This is another paisley that I designed from inspiration from an antique button---Charlene got close to finishing this one too!


Sondra hooked this Guilford runner and Edyth O'Neill design sold by Woolley Fox---be sure and click on the photo to make it larger so that you can see that she made little pillows of the antique paisley and stitched it on to the canvas---a great way to really see the design in the paisley.  LOVE IT!

Okay that is it for tonight!!!  

Happy Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment