Sunday, November 29, 2015

Baxter time!

I have been in Oakland now for a week and two days---and I am not on Anita time but on Baxter time!

What joy to be able to be here and spend time with Baxter---he will be 5 months old in two days---but he is a handful!  I now why we have children when we are young!


What a joy he is!!!

   
A teething toothbrush is a good thing!  No teeth yet but he is definitely teething!




He likes his sippy cup!

He is rocking on all fours so soon will be crawling---he is still breastfeeding and bottle feeding is a challenge though he loves to eat---likes to hold his own bottle so he is in control---wonder where he gets that???

Now for the rug hooking related part of my blog...had a wonderful workshop in Bothell Washington.  Here are some pictures from the week.


Olde St. Nichloas---one of my cupboard patterns hooked by Diane, a new hooker doing a great job!

Blue Basket Antique by Edyth O'Neill hooked by Patricia---a great old antique rug design!


  

Paisley Hex a Jane McGown Flynn pattern ---one of my all time favorite pattern hooked by Kathy---doing a great job with the beading and the antique paisley!


Christmas in the Valley being hooked by Larry in  a 3/4 cut---the snow laden trees were hooked with a dip dye--about 5 inches long.




Penny designed this pattern based on a photo she took in Mexico---so much creativity!

Susan was working on Hot chicks by Sharon smith---fun bright colors!


Vicki was working on a Karla Gerard pattern called Quaint town---she wanted bright colors so I sent her a photograph of some rainbow eucalyptus trees---hence the inspiration for the tree---love it!


What a fun goat pattern!  When I suggested she proddy the flowers around his neck she jumped in with both feet---loved her enthusiasm!
Marla's Westie pattern is based on her westie dogs---we redrew them slightly and she added the radio flyer on the wagon!  Happy little dogs!
Mona was working on a Maggie B. flower basket---great work!
Marti was also a beginner hooker---this is Edyth O"Neill's candle mat---she made great progress on her hooking technique this week..keep it up Marti!!!




Patty  was working on
the Boys at Play ---love how it was turning out---she will be finished in no time!


Ruth Ellen was working on a Susan Quicksall pattern Gypsy Wagon---she had purchased the pattern from someone who had started it and removed all the hooking to do her color palette---fun jewel tome colors with some added textures from paisley and speckled wools!
Evie was working on Orchard Quail by Maryjo Taylor---love the colors---a happy little oval mat!


I have been trying to get this post written for over a week and I am finally going to finish it this morning!

The past two weeks at my daughter's in Oakland has kept me very busy!  I am exhausted at night but go to sleep knowing that my precious grandson is thriving and has a happy home!
I will be heading back to Kansas on Thursday and December will be a busy month---I  will return to Oakland for a week at Christmas and get to see Baxter again!

One big reminder---the annual Christmas party at Mimi's is Wednesday the 17th of December---call me if you have questions.



2 comments:

  1. Anita, so loved having you as my teacher! Your incredible input and design are priceless!! So happy you are enjoying time with your Grandson, how wonderful!! He is a cutie, enjoy every minute!! Happy Holidays!! Thank you again, for all your help and advice!!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a hooking group in Bothell? I've been wanting to learn but am not sure where to start. I'm in Olympia Wa. I mostly want to know where everyone gets their supplies?

    ReplyDelete