Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Three workshops---catching up---Rochester MN, Green Lake WI and Milford NE

Okay so I got behind again---so here is an attempt to get caught up before I start my carpal tunnel surgeries on Thursday.

On Thursday  I will have my left hand done and the following Thursday--- my right---I thought i would let the practice on my left before my dominant hand.

All three workshops were awesome---so much fun to be with rug hookers doing something they love---and something I love to do as well.

I am sorry that I don't have time to give credit to all of the artists.


Here is a group of students that I went on a tour of the St. Francis of Assisi facility with--s awesome facility!


 Here are some of the class projects---great students!













   




Saturday morning journal cover class--a lot of them finished and I brought my sewing machine to stitch them up!  Make and take!

 From Rochester it was on to Green  Lake---here are some photos from there,


















This is my Kashmir Paisley pattern---Mary Ellen did a great job!






This farm scene by Sally was so incredible---I can't take any credit ---other than working with her on the trees---so nice to see this piece and be around such a wonderful woman.




Mary Flanagan runs a great camp!  Beautiful smile!


Had a few weeks at home and then it was off to Gatherings on the Blue in Milford Nebraska for my last workshop of the year---always have a great time on the farm---this year was no exception.























My friend and helper Jody went with me----here she is relaxing in the easy chair!  Thanks Jody!

 I returned home Sunday night have been in organizing mode in preparation for tomorrow's surgery.  I think I am about ready---a few more things to do today---like get a massage!  I went to yoga on Monday and Tuesday and will miss going this next week---love my yoga Community at Radiant  Yoga.

Great news---just found out yesterday that Baxter is coming to see me Dec. 7-11---something to look forward to---a late Thanksgiving and an early Christmas!

My apologies for not getting all the pictures and students associated with them.  Please contact me at anitahooksrugs@yahoo.com with any questions.

Anita




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all the pictures! Such great rugs being worked on! Good luck with your surgeries! Hoping all goes well & you will be good as new in no time & back to hooking & hugging your grandson very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thanks so much for sharing. That farm scene is incredible. Love the standing wool hearts in the one rug.
    Good luck with your surgeries.
    How wonderful you get to see Baxter!!!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your surgeries.. love seeing all the rugs in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to meet you and learn from you. I hope your surgeries go well and you take some time to pamper yourself. You have amazing stamina. Thank you for comong to Rochester!

    ReplyDelete