Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday---less than a week to go

Well, it is now less than a week before I leave for Ohio.  I checked the weather---40's so shouldn't have any road problems.  We has some flurries here today.  Snow, snow go away!

Well, I finished hooking my runner today---got it steamed and it is drying.  Now I need to make my binding so that I can sew it on.  Here are a couple of pictures of it now.




It is 8 feet long---not easy to run through the serger!

The KU Jayhawks advanced to the Elite 8---I'll be watching the game tomorrow with friends---Jayhawk fans also!

I'm going out on a date tonite---Bonefish---one of my favorite restaurants.

My knee is still improving---yeah!


9 comments:

  1. wonderful color! I hooked an 7foot runner I know the work that is involved.
    so wonderful
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita - It has been such a treat to watch this gorgeous runner from start to finish! Thanks so much for all the pictures you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular! I love being in able to see it "in person" too! Rock Chalk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've followed your progress from the beginning and have loved every picture. The colors are gorgeous and I can't believe how fast you completed the whole thing. An amazing rug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat to see the finished work! Beautiful and inspiring! I've enjoyed watching the progress!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita,
    Your runner turned out just beautiful....no surprise there :) Now for the binding.....not envying you there at all! Funny, I'm getting ready to start on an 8 foot runner also....YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful rug ~ and it doesn't seem that it took you that long ~ at least from here! Looks like a lot of work went into color planning the purse project on your previous post! I don't work that hard on my own projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started the runner on Jan. 8th---that is quick esp. by my standards these days. I do not get to hook as much as would like to---so chalk it up to 6 weeks away from home in a fifth wheel trailer. I am going to bind it with wool fabric---plan to sew the cording into it tomorrow and baste the backing down to the back side---it is already pressed down---may have to finish it on the road. Good luck on your runner Tammy---post pictures on your blog.

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. That rug is too beautiful for words !! You have some talent ....keep up the great work on a dying art but it looks to be thriving in your home .

    ReplyDelete