Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hospital Hill, Caraway Rug School, First Friday Market

Last Friday I went to the First Friday market in the kansas City river bottoms---it has become quite an event for vintage shoppers.  Here is a picture of what I purchased.



the wooden level got shipped to California with the spice set for my daughter Chelsea, the basket may come to Caraway---it is a very cool double pie basket--I have seen singles like this but not this big one.  The silver brushes are vey cool---here is better picture...for now I am keeping them.

Also some vintage patriotic crepe paper and streamers---and a turned wooden dish made by Ed Provost in 1988.

It is getting close to time for the Caraway Rug School---this is my third year to teach at this school and I am looking forward to this camp---such a beautiful setting and a great workshop.

I ran in the Hospital Hill race on Saturday morning---it was a cool 54 degrees at race time---Yeah!!!

A neighbor, Kelly ran with me---it is a good thing to have a young neighbor to run with you and encourage you along the  way---I completed the 5K in 29:41 and came in 3rd in my age group.  Thanks Kelly!  This was my fourth time to run this race and and I had my best time by far---previous years were between 32 and 35 minutes.  It is one of the most challenging races due to the hills---more ups than downs that is for sure...and best of all is that I am not really that sore today...glad I did some training on hills.


Gotta get busy---home classes this week!

1 comment:

  1. Anita ~
    Love your new finds, especially that basket. I don't think I've ever seen a double one, either.
    Congrats on your race finish!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete