Thursday, July 11, 2013

Home from Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons

It is good to be home!  We had a great trip and saw some beautiful country.  I forgot how much I missed the mountains...check out this beautiful picture.



We covered 3500 miles on our trip and we were gone almost three weeks---had a tire problem outside of Laramie that did some damage to our trailer---we ended up buying 4 new tires and will need to do some repair to the underbelly and trip around the wheel well.  At least now one was hurt.



This handsome guy crossed the road in front of our truck.

 Me posing at the
continental Divide.
 Hidden Falls near Jenny Lake.

 Inspiration Point at Jenny Lake.
 Biking on the path from Jenny Lake towards Moose.


 Cooling off my feet at the bottom of the falls---biked and hiked it to the falls.
 Natural bridge---another bike and hike trip.
 Camping at Headwater's Lodge in the Tetons.
 Lone Star Geyser.  We biked in to the geyser and then hiked about four miles in---by the time we got back the geyser was going off again.
 This picture doesn't do this justice---the color and depth was so impressive


Flaming Gorge Reservoir outside of Rock Springs

I did manage to get some hooking done while riding in the truck.

Finished up the Karla G paisley---here it is:


I also worked on "Mom"---I would have done more on her sweater, but didn't have the right colors with me to get it to work the way I wanted.



Well, I have work to do so that is it for now.

It is good to be home.

Anita

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a fantastic trip. Beautiful country. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful senery and looks like you had a wonderful time with lots of memories! Enjoy your day! And love the rugs in your above post!

    ReplyDelete