Monday, June 17, 2013

Antique Samplers

Well I just had to see what they looked like on the wall, so I finished mounting them---still need to cover the backs with paper but that will have to wait until I return as well as putting the small one in a different frame---right now that one doesn't have the spacers.

Here is a picture of them hanging.





My daughter Sarah is going to put her house on the market in Manhattan KS---so thursday I am going to go play "stager".  Here is a rug that I bought for $65 on craigslist---it is an 8 foot round 100% wool hand tufted Amici imports---  I think it was a bargain!!!  I may bring it back home when her house sells.

Also another great bargain---free moving boxes courtesy of Craigslist as well, including 7 wardrobe boxes.




Here is an update on the paisley rug, a Karla G design that I have been working on.  It is brighter than my usual rugs but it has been fun to do---one of my kids might end up with this one.  I am still debating on a border---I think I want this one to be a rug rather than a wall  hanging.



I plan to get some hooking done tonight while watching The Voice.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your antique samplers!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your antique samplers are beautiful.
    You have done a wonderful job with mounting them.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete