Monday, December 2, 2013

Cyber Monday and other thoughts

Well here it is---December 2nd---and we are supposed to get up to 58 degrees this afternoon and they are talking snow for the weekend---hoping not!

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner---here are some photos of the table using the dishes and flatware that I have collected for the wedding reception.  It was fun to set the table.





It is kinda hard to see in the photograph but there are 7 different patterns of china and silverplate flatware on the table.  I used the silver trays as chargers but at the reception they will be in the center of the table with the flowers in aqua fruit jars like the one in the center.  I like the napkins folded this way---we might do this and tie with ribbon.

We watched our share of basketball and football this weekend---was hoping the Chiefs could pull off a win,  I got in several good runs and a bike ride but fighting a sore neck---not sure what I did---but it hurts on my left side---just trying to keep it iced and not think about it.

Last night I finally finished the Karla Gerard paisley rug---I really like the binding.  Here is the finished rug.


This is the finished rug!



This is Karla's painting on canvas.


I am having an Open Studio day on Wednesday---9 to 4.
 and next Wednesday the 11th is our Rug Hookers Christmas party---always the highlight of the year!

This year in I have asked students to also bring their first rug for the rug show in addition to other rugs for the show.  

have a great week!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment