Monday, November 25, 2013

Survival

Well I survived the cold weather yesterday at The Gobbler Grind half marathon---it was 13 degrees at race time.  They started the race 15 minutes late- which was enough time standing there waiting for it to start to get cold fingertips and toes---which meant a not too pleasant start to the run however it got better as the miles went by...finished the race in 2 hours and 22 minutes---about 3 minutes slower than my last race but I came in first place in my age group---only three of us were crazy enough to do it.  I actually felt pretty good afterwards---came home and took a warm shower, ate some pancakes, watched the Chiefs game and took a nap on the couch.

So far so good today except for waking up at 3 o'clock and not being able to get back to sleep.  Today is my last day of home classes for the year.  I will still have an Open Studio day on Dec. 4th and the end of the year party on the 11th.  We always do a potluck lunch, show and tell and rug show.  This year I am also asking everyone to bring their first rug...that should be fun.

I am looking forward to preparing Thanksgiving dinner---and setting the table---I plan to use some of what I have collected for Sarah's wedding reception for the table---will post a picture.


This picture shows the finish that I am putting on the K. Gerard rug that I hooked---this is a wool plaid that I cut on the bias---it is not pressed yet so it will lay a little flatter.  I am pleased with it!  I will post the complete photo when I finish---getting close.

Gotta go finish getting ready for class.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous rug! I'm a newbie to rug hooking and I'm excited to start my new hobby :) Thanks for the great inspiration.

    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a great race finish, good for you!
    The colors in the rug are beautiful.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete