I finished hooking the footstool while I was at the lake but had to add one more row all around to fit when I got home.
This morning I stapled it on to the wooden top that had the original padding---sorry I forgot to take a picture---it had a slight curve to it.
I rubbed the footstool with some wood sheen and then a bit of black shoe polish---a nice waxy finish.
Here it is!!!!
I decided to leave extra backing and not notch out the corner in case i wanted to remove it and do something else---so I know it could be neater but you can't see it and less you look underneath. :)
I think Lambert Hitchcock would like what I did to the old footstool!