Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sea turtle coming to life

I thought I would share with you my most recent project.....Our State Line rug Hookers guild brought Susan Fellers to do a workshop with our guild.  I have been pondering doing a sea turtle for some time---husband is a scuba diver.

I drew this turtle swimming and brought it to the workshop---I knew that I wanted the coloration to be browns and aquas and with Susan's encouragement and her saying "is it believable"  this is what is happening...



Thanks to my friend Jan he turtle's name is Bertha!

Will keep posting progress pictures.



   


The after and the before of Sarah and Philip's kitchen---now to paint the awful pink and add a backsplash but it is functional.




 Went to the lake for the first time this year to set up---our spot was under water until about 2 weeks ago---what a mess.  We had some water damage in the trailer and couldn't figure out where it came from???  Fred our dog was all tuckered out!

Getting ready to leave on Saturday to teach in Tyler Texas---looking forward to another workshop.  Much to do this week to get ready.

Doing physical therapy for my back and water aerobics ---also exercises on an exercise ball---all very time consuming but hoping it helps my back.

Happy Father's Day!

5 comments:

  1. The sea turtle and its colors are positively beautiful. Kitchen is looking good.
    Hope you continue to improve. Water aerobics does wonders for me too.
    Enjoy Tyler,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Anita Hooks has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 60 Rug Hooking Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/rug_hooking_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 60 Rug Hooking Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rug! How can I see a finished photo? I don't always get replies to blogger
    Could you email me ? Glad I found you

    ReplyDelete