Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring Fever

Yesterday was a beautiful warm day here in Kansas...it is chilly this morning and expecting rain/snow mix with sun returning in the afternoon but  not warm until next week---in the 70's on Monday!  My husband is getting itchy to put our trailer back on our spot at Lake Pomme de Terre.  Sounds pretty good to me to but I don't think we are past getting below freezing.

I have spent the past two days in the dye pots---lots of yards of wool.   Today I hope to start pulling some things together for the Camp in Yellow Rose to see if I still need to get into the dye pots again.

I will be heading to Texas in two weeks---looking forward to some of that Texas hospitality!  I am excited to stop in Duncanville to see my old next door neighbor Lily---what a great friend and I  miss her.  It is strange to stay with her and see the house that we built in the 70's---I was 27 years old and working for Joske's.  I was living in Mesquite and would drive I-20 to Arlington.  I kept seeing this hilly wooded area from the interstate and one day after work I took the exit and fell in love with the area---I found a lot with a builder's name and went home and pronounced that I had found where I wanted to live---so we did in 1977 (I think)--- We moved from Texas to Alaska in 1991.  That is another story!



I wanted to post this information about this upcoming hook-in---I will be vending at this event---it sounds like a great event---put in on your calendar!

When you come to this Hook-in and mention that you saw this on my blog I will have a special little gift for you---looking forward to seeing you there!



Pre-registration - $15.00 includes a box lunch $ 6.00 without box lunch
Day of event - $ 7.00 at the door
*seating for lunch is limited, register early* (Lunch provided by The Art of Entertaining)
(Lunch not available for purchase day of event)
THE WOOLY LOFT and FRIENDS invite you to attend the 1st Annual
HOOK-IN and RUG SHOW
Saturday, April 28, 2012 10am - 4:30pm
Location: Kirkwood Community Center 111 S. Geyer Road Kirkwood, MO. 63122
Come join us for a FUN-filled day of HOOKING, SHOPPING, DOOR PRIZES & A RUG SHOW ** The Wooly Loft ** Nolahooks ** Kathy Meentemeyer ** Anita White ** Handbehg Felts **
** The Red Saltbox ** Wooly Woolen ** Hollyhock Hill Design ** Hill Country Rug Works **

** Woolgathering Baskets ** Saltbox Primitive Woolens ** Vicki Hardcastle ** Hall's Hooks ** ** Kay Kjeldgaard Crafts ** Prairie Road Designs ** Edwina Prinster ** M&N Creations **
**The Naomi Miller St. Louis Guild of Rug Hookrafters will be demonstrating throughout the day** ** engraving by The Woolhooker's Helper **
Contact: Donna McHargue - donna@thewoolyloft.com (314) 422-7771 Nina Dempsey - n.dempsey@sbcglobal.net (314) 965-5752 Maria Masurat - mreemaz@gmail.com (314) 560-9244
or visit - thewoolyloft.com for more information
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This form, with payment, must be postmarked by March 31, 2012
Name _________________________________________________________________
Address _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________

Phone _____________________Email ______________________________________ _____I would love a box lunch - $15 _____I do NOT care for a box lunch - $6 Please check one ____ Chicken salad sandwich
____ Turkey sandwich *Seating for lunch is limited, register early*
____ Veggie sandwich. **No outside sales**
Make check payable to: Hook-In St. Louis, LLC 101 W. Argonne Dr. Kirkwood, MO. 63122 







While I am on a roll, let me also mention that I will be in Alabama in May and received my class list yesterday so I will be contacting the students soon.


I also received the class list for Caraway in North Carolina in June and will be getting those e-mails out as well.


I am looking forward to both of these workshops---I was asked an interesting question yesterday---what part of rug hooking do I like the best---is it "hooking" or "dyeing"---or for me is in "teaching"---I think the thing I love most is the diversity that rug hooking allows me---never time to get bored---it allows me the freedom to put my effort in where I am at that point in time.  There are days that are frustrating and there are days that are relaxing---but I get to wake up and do something that I love to do---well, most of the time---I don't like the loading and unloading and I really don't like the paperwork part of it!


I will be teaching in Green Lake Wisconsin in September and have some openings in my class.  If you or anyone you hook with is looking for a great camp---check this one out!  It is a great camp.




mfwoolens.com

I feel compelled to have at least one picture on this post.

So here it is:

This picture was taken in Green Lake, Wisconsin---so beautiful!

Well it is time to go get busy!

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment