Thursday, June 6, 2013

A long over due post

Hi everyone!  This is a long overdue post---so here goes.  I can't believe a month has gone by.

This is going to be in random order---

We finally got our fifth wheel out of storage and placed in its home on Pomme de Terre lake.

Trailer, sweet trailer!


Our view from the trailer

We have an upcoming adventure coming in the fifth wheel as we are planning a trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.


I ran the Hospital Hill 5K race for the fifth time since 2009---
The first year it took me 35 minutes to complete the race---this year I came in 3rd in my age group in 29:06---yeah!  Fortunately it was a very cool morning for June and it was a great race.  Many thanks to my running buddy Kelly for keeping me motivated.

Oh and I also ran a Mother's Day 5K with Kelly too.



Got a new short haircut for summer and due to eye allergies have been wearing my glasses---hoping to get back to my contacts soon!!!

I have been doing some hooking on a Karla G paisley pattern...here is her painting and my rug so far.  I have been loosely following her colors although while my colors are bright for me they are not nearly as bright as the colors in her painting.




Karla G Paisley design.

My youngest daughter got engaged a couple of weeks ago so I will have another wedding to help plan ...congratulations Sarah!



I have been sending out information to students for some upcoming workshops...looking forward to the Angela Pumphrey workshop in San Antonio, Shake Rag Alley in Mineral Point, Wisconsin and the ATHA Biennial in Long Beach California.

 I am not much of a gardener but am trying my hand at growing some tomatoes---thanks to one of my students, Sally who started these in her greenhouse---most are heirloom so hopefully I won't kill them.


I love peonies!


Well I guess that is it for me today...have a great weekend!!!

Anita

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you for coming in third place in your last race and for improving your time!! I am super-impressed, as I don't think I could run down the block.....
    The rug you are hooking based on the painting is beautiful... My, the talent you have!
    Love the view from your trailer... it looks so peaceful and serene.... And congrats to you and your daughter.... what a pretty ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on Sara's engagement! Adding another young man to the family. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you on your placement in the race ! You must be a dedicated runner. ;)
    Your rug is so very beautiful, it looks like you are hooking with a fine cut. The detail is so crisp and clean.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is mostly 6,7,8 cut---it is about 24 by 30 but will probably add a border. The painting is 16 by 20 on canvas.

    Running is a great stress reliever...just got back from a nice morning run---it was 58 degrees this morning.

    ReplyDelete