Sunday, September 18, 2011

In Recovery

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep---and it wasn't raining---yet.

About 5 o'clock the rain started and never quit till in the afternoon.  My 7:30 AM 10 K race was run in the rain.  I have been running for about 4 years and have never had a problem with a stitch in my side but just after the 2 mile marker it happened.  I don't know why but it hung with me until about the 5 mile marker, then finally let up.  I slowed my pace a bit but still finished in a respectable one hour and 7 minutes which got me a second place medal which I felt pretty good about until I checked the results in the afternoon and found out that only two people in my age group were crazy enough to run 6.24 miles in the rain.  I  guess that it was something I  ate or didn't eat or the way I breathed or didn't breathe...well whatever it was I do hope it never happens again---stomach pain all afternoon.  I think I am finally feeling better and am looking forward to a good night's sleep.

I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure and plan to wake up in the morning and finish getting ready for the trip to Vermont.  I am watching the Emmy's tonight but don't think I will make it to the end.

Good night!!!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry the weather didn't cooperate but you finished and now your ready for some traveling......have fun in Ohio and Vermont and I hope you get to see some changing of the colors! Your "home girl hookers" will be waiting for you when you get back! :-)
    God's Blessings for Safe Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful rugs you make !!! Have a nice travel !!!

    ReplyDelete