Saturday, October 1, 2011

Home again, home again...

Well I am finally home from teaching two wonderful workshops in Vermont and Ohio.  I had a great time but the adrenaline has definitely worn off.  I flew home from Ohio this morning and had a hard time with my ears on both flights---OUCH!  I did something this afternoon that I haven't done for a very long time---I took a bit of a nap on the couch while watching a movie on TV.  I don't remember the last time I took  a nap.

The Fall Foliage Fiesta in Montpelier Vermont was the first workshop.  The hooking room was in a wonderful old building with lots of great windows---perfect for a classroom.  Unfortunately I was not a good picture taker, so I don't have any pictures of the room.  You will just have to take my word for it---what a great camp.  the food was prepared by the Culinary Institute students---some of the meal choices were very adventuresome---I really enjoyed the meals.  The weather was actually quite warm while we were there and mostly sunny even though rain had been predicted.

Here are some of the projects that were started in the class.


Marion was doing a great job on "Bountiful"  a very large Susan Quicksall pattern---lovely!

Linda was also doing this pattern in the smaller size---another beauty!



Elizabeth was hooking some beautiful Fall foliage---can't wait to see this finished!


Bett was working on a large double pansy pattern that I designed for her---it is about 24 by 36.  She was doing a great job---striking!

Finishing off that table was Diana snow scene.  I'm not quite ready for winter but she was doing a beautiful job.



Much as I wood like to keep posting I think that I will have to call it quits for tonite and try again tomorrow.

I have so much more to share about the last ten wonderful days, so check back to see more.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made the long trip to Ohio safely. I loved your class in Vermont!

    ReplyDelete