Sunday, January 29, 2012

Saturday morning, one week to go

Well here it is, a quiet Saturday morning.  One week from today and I will be on the road heading to teach in Baton Rouge.  I am looking forward to kicking off 2012 in Baton Rouge.  I think things are ready---just a lot of packing to do.  I also want to get some cupboard frames painted but am waiting for a sunny day which is coming  next week.

I got good news this week that my daughter in California got a job with Bloomingdale's in San Francisco as a retail stylist in their visual merchandising area.  Yeah!!!  She is so creative and I am so happy for her.  Her art and theater background should serve her well in this field.  My degree was in Clothing Retailing and I worked retail management when I graduated from college.  Most of my years spent in Dallas in Store Management at Joske's.  When Chelsea was a little girl she got to be in several fashion shows at the store.  I guess you could say it is in her blood.  Congratulations Chelsea!!!  Go for it!

I was introduced this week to "words with friends" on my i phone with Chelsea.  Just what I need, something else to occupy my time---but it has been fun.  We both love scrabble.  I have learned some new words this week.

Well it is now Sunday night---where has the weekend gone?  Last night I started celebrating my birthday early---Hubby and i fixed a nice dinner and opened a special bottle of wine we had bought many years ago in Napa---YUM!

This morning I continued the celebration by going to brunch with friends---YUM again!

Tomorrow which is my real birthday, I plan to celebrate some more by getting a massage which was purchased a while back on groupon and going out for dinner again to use another  groupon coupon---it is good to be the birthday girl!

Today I had a design revelation for a future project---can't let the cat out of the bag yet---I've got to get it into action first but I am very excited about it.


Okay that is about it---but I'll go into my files and see if I can find a good picture---it's not a good post without some kind of picture,


Here's a fun rug almost finished hooked by Sally---her son drew the sketch and I enlarged it into a pattern---it was a Christmas present for her son---fun!

Happy hooking!



2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANITA!!! You are one of my FAVORITE teachers............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday Anita!! Enjoy your day and do all the things you love!!!

    hugs
    cyndi

    ReplyDelete