Thursday, January 5, 2012

Home from California

Well I am home from California and am doing a quick post.  I got home Sunday night and woke up with an intestinal flu on Monday about 3 AM---not fun!  I am finally feeling human again but am still dragging.

We had a great time with family and really enjoyed Christmas and New Years.  My son in laws parents were very welcoming---the home we rented in Bodega bay turned  out great---we were so close to the ocean, and staying in Oakland with my daughter and her husband was extra special.   Lots of running, hiking, eating, playing games, and just enjoying being together.

Doug caught lots of fish on a charter which also included 6 live dungeness crabs which we boiled and ate until we were stuffed and had crab cakes made with the leftovers the next night.  YUM!

Also when I was in California I broke off a crown---the bad news is that I am going in this morning to have the tooth pulled and an implant put in hopefully at the same time if all goes as planned.  That was an expensive bite on a tortilla chip!  I thought the tooth had already had a root canal but found out yesterday that it didn't.  I was very surprised that I wasn't in pain.  I probably won't get much accomplished today so I thought I would get a post in.  I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted.

The rest of the week I plan to work on my upcoming camp Red Stick in Baton Rouge,  get welcoming letters out to my students from Yellow Rose in Texas and get ready for my open studio day next Monday here at the house...that should keep me busy!

here are a few pictures from California--





Christmas afternoon at the Marin's in Grass Valley---me and my family---with Jackson---Chelsea's 18 year old cat who now lives in the country with her in laws---he loves the country!




Chelsea flying with the birds on the beach in Bodega Bay!


A view of Bodega bay on one of our hikes---breathtaking view!


On a hike in Oakland California---it was steep hike behind the Claremont hotel---our only drizzly day so the view was not as spectacular as we had hoped but we still enjoyed it.



Chelsea and Noah are avid collectors of 60's...they have had this shell of a TV with cool antenna for a while and bought a flat screen that would fit inside---the white part around the screen lights up---the rotating color light was shining ion their silver tinsel tree.  It was fun to see their place in Oakland for the first time.  Now I have a better vision of where they are---makes a mom feel better!

Okay time to get ready to go to the dentist, not one of my favorite things to do.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment