Saturday, December 29, 2012

Wrapping up Christmas---preparing for the New Year

I hope this post finds everyone happy and healthy.  We travelled to Manhattan Kansas for Christmas with my daughter Sarah.  We had a wonderful dinner on Christmas night---I got to play "grandma" to a friend of Sarah's daughter---here is a picture of me with Hannah.



I also managed to get a lot of hooking done on my "Houses in the Birches"...here is the picture i took when I quit hooking last night.


As you can see I am nearing the end---it has been a good project for this time of year as it did not take a lot of concentration.  I was able to watch some good movies and still hook.  My daughter Sarah really took a liking to it so I think it may find a home at her house---I think I am going to frame it---it is large---about 32 by 40 I think.

It is cold and dreary here in Kansas City---hope to go for a run after breakfast.

I am having a open studio day for my students on January 9th and am planning on going to The Barn rug hooking retreat January18-20th.  Also I am teaching a class for our guild on January 12th on making hooked journal covers with heart designs.

Have a party to go to tonight and am planning a quiet New Year's eve  dinner with friends---and maybe some card games.

Have a happy and safe New Year's.








3 comments:

  1. Anita your rug is so beautiful! Is that your design? xo E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is a Karla Gerard design ---she sells her paper patterns on ebay and you can enlarge to whatever size you want and then transfer to your backing

      Delete
  2. gosh, you are keeping as busy as ever and it sure hasnt taken you long on your rug. i love the pattern and colors. also loved your decorated table i love white... sounds like you have a few busy days in january! enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete