Saturday, December 1, 2012

On the mend

Wow---that upper respiratory infection kicked me in the  *****!!!!!!

I am finally feeling human again.  One good thing is that I did get a lot of hooking done...here is a picture of the Karla Gerard pattern that I started---this is not my normal color palette as I am somewhat following the colors of her painting...it was just the kind of hooking I needed as I was not feeling well but it helped pass the time---but now I am looking at it and thinking---yikes-this is big and I have a long way to go and asking myself---do I really want to put this much time and effort into it----hmmmm!



I started teaching my first classes in 1997 here in my home in Overland Park---one of the students in my first class was Barcia Miller.  Sadly Barcia passed away earlier in the week from Alzheimer's and bladder cancer...rest in peace Barcia.  She hooked many beautiful rugs and was also a talented painter and avid bridge player---we played many a game over the years and she was a competitor!





Well today I hope to go through my Christmas stuff and bring some of it out---this year I an editing what I bring out.

Have a nice weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Anita,
    I think you should keep going on the rug! Love the design and I love all the birch trees....so pretty.
    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Anita, I agree with Tammy, you should keep hooking Karla's pattern, I love it! Sad to hear about Barcia!! Glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Karla's playful designs, although her colors aren't my usual ones either - maybe you can use some more muted colors and still make it work? Good luck deciding and I'm glad you feel better.

    ReplyDelete