Tuesday, March 19, 2013

French Camp workshop in Mississippi

Time to do some catching up...had a great trip to Mississippi last week.  The workshop in French Camp was great.  Here are some photographs.

Wednesday night was girls night out at---steaks at a filling station called "Nail's"  in Stewart MS.


Enjoying out dinner!

 the French  Camp Hookers in our beautiful hooking room---natural light on three sides of the building---a teacher's dream!!!


Six of the students chose to design a paisley purse using visuals that I brought---they came up with some good ones!


I spend the first night in this cabin and then moved to a bed and breakfast room in another building---loved the rustic atmosphere and wonderful breakfasts!!!  I had to run everyday so I could eat al of the wonderful food.  The bacon was glazed with apple butter---can you say yummy!!!!




                                          Gigi got the front of hers designed and hooked
 Theresa didn't get much of hers hooked but I love the design---can't wait to see how it turns out!
Here is another  bag designed by Cindy---she and Theresa are sisters!  Way to go girls!





Here is another great design by Margaret---lots going on in this one---love how it all flows together.
 Deanna's design features the first initial of all of her dogs---I think the other side will  incorporate her initials.

Martha got a lot done on her bag---like the geometric line at the top!

Patricia is doing a Jane Flynn pattern called Paisley Hex---I had helped her pull the wools together when I was at Red Stick but she started it here at this workshop.  Yeah Patricia!!!




I designed this version of my Paisley Runner for Hilda---it is 18 by 36---I named it Hilda's Paisley runner---Thanks Hilda for being a great hostess---we had a great time together!




Linda chose to hook the pillow that I designed for the Atha Biennial---It is coming along great----considering how much time Linda spent running the workshop she got a great amount of hooking done.  Linda---you did a great job---wonderful facility and wonderful food and wonderful students!!!

Sue worked on this Bass designed by Margaret---fellow student----a great looking fish!


Another small project---ha ha!!!  Pat chose this Jane Flynn Azeri---it was fun to help her get a good start of this pattern.  We all loved the bus---singing the wheels on the bus go round and round!




Ann worked on the Crazy Quilt pillow---she used beading to mimic the stitching---she had never done it before and did a great job!

Cathie had started this at a previous workshop---she wanted to change some things in the colors and I helped her pull blues together---It is going to be a great geometric rug.



A beautiful view of the lake the first morning when I was out for my run.


The breakfast room at the B & B
My boots that I bought on my way home---love my boots!!!

I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep---bummer!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful rug starts!! And beautiful boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rugs... but oh those boots!!! What a find!!! I'm breaking in a new pair, but really they already felt great the first time I wore them. This looks like a wonderful place for a camp. Love the look of all the photos. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boots are Lucchese 2000 that I bought at a boot outlet store---but I can't remember the name of the store---all I know is that they were open early and hat lots of great boots. I had to get Men's boots to fit my big foot but I think they look like women's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new ones are Lucchese too! I got a great deal on ebay. My old boots were purchased at my neighbor's garage sale years ago for $2.00. I loved them. After my ankle surgery, the right one rubbed my ankle exactly where the metal is now. Ouch. I sold them at my garage sale for #4.00. Doubled my money!

    ReplyDelete