Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wrapping up the week

It has been cold this week---with some snow and drizzle.  I need some sunshine!!!!

Today is my final training long run before the Rock the parkway half marathon---11 miles today.

I have been watching lots of NCAA Basketball.  I hope the Jayhawks play better tomorrow.  There have been some interesting upsets---not good to be a #5 seed.  I hope if you love college basketball that your team is still in the playoffs.  I know the Mississippi gals are excited that Ole Miss is still in the playoffs, right Hilda?

Watching basketball has given me an opportunity to do some personal hooking...and this piece is very personal.  I posted this pattern of my mother awhile ago---drawn by Leonard Feenan.

While I finally decided I had to get it going and for me the best approach was to hook the paisley in the the background first so that I knew what I had to do to get her face the way I wanted it.

Here is what I have done so far...


The beginning---this paisley was my inspiration







The light color was too light in my opinion---would make it look too busy.



So I changed it to the darker color---the dark color around her hair is just a holding line---her hair was a light reddish brown.



I may still soften the brown in the paisley---but am leaving it for now.  I am getting excited about it now and hope to get more done in it this weekend.



If you or anyone you know is wanting to  go to Green Mountain Rug School in June I do still have openings in my class and have until April 5th to get the class filled---contact me or Stephanie Krauss for more information.  


My youngest daughter will be turning 30 next week---Happy Birthday Sarah!  Love You!

Next week I will be having home classes on Monday and Wednesday---hoping we don't get the big snow tonight and tomorrow.  







4 comments:

  1. this is going to be a beautiful rug Anita ~ please please share your progress with us as you hook it :)
    Lori from Notforgotten Farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, this rug is gonna be a masterpiece! How exciting that you came across the picture and HOW APPROPRIATE that there is a paisley for the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks--- I was only 9 when my mother died from Hodgkin's---I hope that she will look down on me as I work on this portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete