Sunday, November 13, 2011

back from South Central McGown Teacher's workshop

I returned home from Texas Friday night---another great teacher's workshop.  The workshop is held at Prothro on Lake Texoma.  It is a wonderful facility near Pottsboro Texas.  It is a week packed with lots of learning, teaching, and friendships.  If you are interested in becoming a McGown certified teacher and attending South Central,  please contact me ---anitahooksrugs@yahoo.com and visit the McGown teacher's website.

http://www.mcgownteachersworkshop.com/

On day one I was in a kilim class working on a pattern called Qashqai---here is a picture of Diana's finished piece.  She had made hers into a two sided bag---it was lovely!  Not sure yet what mine will be.





This is a rosemalling piece called Millie that I started on day 2---not very typical colors for rose malling but I like how it is developing.

On the way to Texas we stopped at a western store near Gainsville I bought a pair of Cowboy boots---I love them  They are Ariat's and were very comfortable.



On Wednesday I taught a sky class adapted from a photo I took last year at Prothro.  I donated the piece to Prothro for their cross wall.  Here it the piece:


On Thursday I taught a dye class---what fun we had in the dye pots.  Below are the trainees and juniors showing  the fruits of their labor.



Here are a few pictures from the rug show.


Hooked by Floss Stillman
Hooked by Cheryl Bollenbach---the cover of our workshop report!


Close up detail of the hands on an original piece by Cheryl---totally awesome!

Floral Chairpad that I finished from a  class taught two hears ago by Diana Giesinger.

I would really like to post more but I am beat.  I ran in a race yesterday  morning  and afterwards I think I got some kind of allergy attack---watery swollen red eye, running nose and sneezes---not fun.




Here I am finishing the race---small race but was a killer, hilly race---finished second in women over 40---not many over 40 there but I finished in 31:13---not bad considering how hilly it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment