Thursday, November 17, 2011

Over the hump

Well another busy week...fortunately my allergy flare up got better---the eye doctor confirmed that it was an allergy---I guess to something in the park where I ran.

I had home classes on Monday and Wednesday and Tuesday was spent trying to get all my new wool put away which necessitated moving a lot of stuff around in the storage room---it was a disaster, but now is much more organized.  I also put together kits for my students for the Holiday Gathering.  We are having our 14th annual Holiday Gathering on the 14th of December.  It is the highlight of our year---everyone brings a dish, their recipe which we put into a cookbook, a show and tell (current project) as well as their completed rugs for the year for a rug show.  I am very fortunate to have a wonderful student who volunteers her lovely home for our event.  Thanks Mimi!  I always put together a kit---can't post a picture of it yet---can't spoil the surprise but will post it in December.  I have my sample hooked but not finished.

Today I an headed to Greenwood for a class in my shop.  As an added treat we are having lunch at the Greenwood Tearoom before class---a great place to have lunch if you are in the area.

At Bunco last night I was the Biggest Loser and got my money back.

It is hard to believe Thanksgiving is only a week away.  I have much to be thankful for---my faith, my health, my family, my friends, my love of rug hooking, to name a few.

I am running another race this weekend, the Gobbler Grind.  This will be my fourth time to run this race.  I wonder what color the shirts will be this year---so far I have yellow, turquoise, and dark green---an interesting color combination.  Maybe someday I will have to hook a rug from some of my running shirts---this idea is whirling around in my head---hmmm!  I think that I  have something here---I'll keep you posted if I decide to do it.

Okay time to post some pictures and then off to get the day going---much to do.



These two photos show how much the draught has affected Texas---when I took the photo that this mat was hooked from the water level was much higher---the other picture shows how this area looked this year while we were at workshop.


I was very fortunate to get to see this piece of art in person...hooked by Cheryl Bollenbach---it was truly the kind of piece that stays with you---the sculpted details of this piece is so incredible that it gives me goosebumps---I am proud to have Cheryl as part of our  teacher's workshop at South Central.  In an earlier post I shows a closeup of a piece of this that I took laying on the floor.  I am blown away by her talent!



This is the State Line Rug Hooker's guild rug---raffle tickets are being sold and the rug will be given away at the Lenexa Hook-in in February.  The proceeds are being given to the Spiva Art Center in Joplin, Mo to help them rebuild after the tornado.  Contact me if you would like to purchase tickets for this great cause.  Each square is a 12 inches so it a big rug!

Time to run!

1 comment:

  1. I was fortunate to get to see this rug at the ATHA Biennial. It is spectacular!! You are SO right - the sculpting is superb!

    ReplyDelete