Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dentist and doctor day

Today was the day to get my final crown and I also asked the dentist to look at a small chip on the backside of my front tooth---well he smoothed it out and on my way to the car a bigger chip came off the front---yikes!!!  So back into the office to end up with some bonding material to try to repair it---I don't think it is going to work long term---I will probably need to get it fixed more permanently as it is still not right---but at least it looks okay even if it feels funny.

Then it was off to the doctor for what might be called a well woman exam---yeah!!!     I have to wait for the blood work to come back, but everything else seems to be good.   I am happy to say that I have kept off  45 pounds for 4 and a half years now---doctor was very happy with me.

I came home and worked on patterns today---I have finally gotten my geometric figured out and drawn up properly for two students from Wisconsin---and then I realized that I drew the big one 24 by 48 instead of 32 by 48 so it is back to the drawing board.

Here is a picture of the pattern.  I am calling it Pinwheel Star Geometric.



Here is my smaller version I did as a test.




Here is an updated picture of Paisley Hex---almost finished.



Well gotta go---time to go do my run before classes this morning.  My next race is Hospital Hill on June 4th---yes it is hilly---not looking forward to the big hill---it is uphill from mile 1.4 to 2.4---the reward is a downhill finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment