Sunday, May 1, 2011

Home from The Barn

What a great weekend.  I arrived at The Barn on Friday at noon and got home around 11:30 today.  We had a small but mighty group---12 of us settled in for a weekend of food, fun and lots of hooking.

The first night there was a group of women from a church having a retreat and a couple celebrating their anniversary, and a group of five sisters from five states in addition to our group.  The church group was having a great time---they made a lot more noise that we did.  I'm not sure what they were doing outside at midnite but they sure were having quite a good time.  I did not hear or witness it because I was pooped and went to bed early.

The second night besides us, there were the five sisters, and an assortment of other couples who probably did not know they would be spending the night with a bunch of noisy hookers.

There are so many pictures to share...I don't know where to start.  No way I can share them all so...too much to do this week to finish getting ready for Wisconsin.

Here is what I worked on.



This is the almost finished geometric---16 by 24 that was my test for a larger one that I want to do.


This is Paisley Hex a Jane Flynn pattern from House of Price.

Here is a picture of the group in out hats.



I only have time for one more picture so here if Amy's Crazy Horse runner.  You can see more of this on
Amy's blog---amy'sdustytrail.blogspot.com



Okay---one more---I am expecting some hookers from St. Joe and they aren't here yet.

Here is out guild rug---State Line Rug Hookers, and ATHA guild.  It was hooked by 11 members with only one more square to go.  It is going to be raffled at some point in the future and the fund being donated to a worthy cause.  I'll post more info on purchasing tickets at a later date.


The squares are 12 inch blocks---so it is about 36 by 48...who wouldn't love to own this one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment