Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 coming to an end

Well it is hard to believe 2010 is almost history.  A lot has happened this past year, both good and bad,  so I am hopeful for a great year in 2011.  Yesterday was a working day for me as I had an open studio day for students who needed anything before I leave for Texas to drop by.  I worked on finishing the cupboard frames, Chelsea drew lots of Cupboard patterns for me, and I continued to recover from my dental woes...mouth is still sore but the pain is not horrible so life goes on.  I will be glad when it is all over---about 5 months for the final implant.

 I have been doing a little hooking but need to start planning what to take with me to Texas...I am considering taking Emma Lou's Antique Floral runner---I have had it for over 5 years but put it aside because I had been color planning so many of them for students that I felt like I was "over it" but now I think I am ready to tackle it with a new set of eyes and wools.  I am so used to having all my wools around me when I am hooking and to have to make choices to take with me---it will help me know how a student feels when they have a limited amount of choice...this might be good for me and educational as well.

The 40th anniversary party is approaching---the kids will be doing the cooking and serving at the party for 10.  I don't know what all they have up their sleeves but I am sure it will be wonderful.  They are both good cooks.  Today is some girl time as Chelsea and I are getting our hair cut.  New Year's eve promises to be a quiet one at home...probably celebrating quietly with some music, games and watching the celebrations around the world on TV.  I think the kids plan to do some of the cooking for the next day as well---prep work!

The studio has now been taken over with all the stuff the kids have bought for their etsy store...they have found some great things---now to figure out the best way to get it back to CA...what goes in carry on, what get in checked baggage  and what get shipped home.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year!  Cheers!

Sorry no pictures today...soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anita, Wishing you and yours a Very Happy, Healthy New Year....

    ReplyDelete