Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Party

 Well today was the Holiday Party for my students.  I didn't get pictures of the rugs in Progress ( Show and Tell) but I did take pictures of finished rugs that the students brought in...can't post all of them but I'll pick out a few to post.  A big thank you to Mimi, our host.  She does a great job of providing us with a lovely place for out luncheon.  Everyone brings a dish to share and is supposed to bring their recipe for a book we put together.  I provide the wine so a good time was had by all.  Here is a picture of everyone:
Don't forget you can click on the pictures to make them larger!  It is hard to see those heads way in the back.



This is a great group of very talented rug hookers and good friends.  I am very blessed to have such a great group of women to come to my classes.

Here are some of their rugs.



This is the kit I designed and put together for all of the students.  Mine was made into a pillow.

This is Karen's bunny rug---it has alot of special meaning to her---a bunny for each of her 6 grandkids---their first initial hooked into their bunny and wool from her husband's sportscoats.


A fun cat rug hooked by Marie!



Anne's Halloween rug---she has a brighter color pallette than many of my students and I always love seeing how her rugs turn out.



This one long rug but it took me two pictures to get it all.  It was hooked by Bonnie.  She has a great primitive, old color pallette.  A great rug!



Peggy hooked this froggy rug for her granddaughter---what fun!








Cheryl started this rug with me in September at Green Lake rug Camp---it really turned out great.
This was her start at camp.


Kate started this one in June at Caraway ---it is called Jane's Favorite.  Love the reddish border!

Well there are more to post but have no more time now.  I have another party tonight---our neighborhood bunco party is tonight and I have to make a salad and get a present!  Nothing like running late.

Yesterday I did a major cleanup in the studio---it looks much better now---I may even be able to find things.  I did uncover my Primary Fusion Dye Book which had gotten back behind the drawers in my dye area---been missing for over a year!

I also taught my husband how to serge and he helped me draw the outline on a whole bunch of my Cupboard Series rugs---which are now ready to draw the patterns into...I am saving those for my daughter to help me with when she comes next Monday.

A bit thanks to all my students and especially Mimi for hosting the party to day.  You are great!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment