Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday---Thrift Store Marathon

Well today is going to be a marathon of thrift store shopping.  I have promised to take Chelsea and Noah on a thrift store marathon---they are looking for stuff for their ETSY store---and want to see what they can find here in KC.  They have their list made and we plan to hit the road at 9AM.  Their flight was delayed several hours yesterday so they didn't get in until 8 last night---we got to bed past my bedtime.

Yesterday was a mix of good and bad.  The bad is some dental issues that I am dealing with---no fun!  I have to have some major work next Monday.  I am hoping that it will go well and that I'll still be able to have the "Open Studio" day that I have planned for my students.

The good is that I received my copy of Early American Life's February Issue that has the rug hooking article in it with two of my rugs in it.  Good that Chelsea and Noah made it here safely.  Good that I finished my Christmas shopping and that my husband actually went with me and didn't complain too much and helped wrap the packages.

Well I hope that everyone has a great week.  Those of you who will be traveling this year---be safe1

Enjoy your family and friends and the blessing of the season!



This is Wanda's Santa---it is a pattern by Rhonda Manley---Blasksheepwool designs.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita,
    Congrats, the article in EAL was great. All the rugs pictured were beautiful but the star of yours is super. So glad you were a part of the article.
    Betty in MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can find the magazine at Borders! Can't wait to see it. Good luck with the dental issues...so sorry you have to deal with that now. Merry Christmas to you and Doug and the kids! Amy

    ReplyDelete