Saturday, January 29, 2011

Whooping Cranes

Yesterday afternoon we went on a boat tour to see the whooping cranes.  It was a great trip---it was the prettiest day that we have had since getting here.  Here is a picture of the cranes.  They are huge birds---standing about 5 feet tall and a wingspan of 7 1/2 feet.



We tried fishing again this morning---no luck.  I am going to work on my rug instead.

I am really bummed that I did not get to do the Surf and Turf run this morning---am laying low and trying not to do any more damage  to the knee until I get home and have it looked at.  Right now it seems to be getting better but am taking it easy.

I am looking forward to the KU/K-State basketball game tonite at 6 PM.

Doug went back out fishing---hopefully he will catch dinner...if not, back to my favorite fishing spot.
I am hoping for drum, but would settle for grouper.

1 comment:

  1. hi!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we communicate more about your post on AOL? I require an expert in this house to solve my problem. May be that is you! Looking forward to peer you. custom wool area rugs

    ReplyDelete