Monday, October 3, 2011

Fun at Bass Lake

When I left Vermont I rented a car in Burlington and drove to Ohio for my second workshop.  It was a long drive through Vermont, New York and Pennsylvania and into Ohio---the drive through  Vermont was very pretty---okay in New York and then I hit a rainstorm in Ohio.  I saw many antique shops that I would have liked to check out but time was limited so no stopping except for gas and food.

Upon arriving in Ohio I was taken to my workshop location---the beautiful Bass lake---a little piece of heaven on earth.


Here is a view of the lake.



A heavenly view---just beautiful!


I had a day to play before the workshop ---here is Chagrin Falls, Ohio where we went antiquing and had a nice lunch.

We went to a great little shop with a great pumpkin display---check out this display with my tour director, Kathy.



Hookers at work---a great location for a great workshop!




Elaine was working on "Narcissus" designed by Bonnie Smith, a Spruce Ridge pattern.  She was doing this in mostly an 8.5 cut and did a great job.  I did talk her into doing a 6 cut on the flowers---all done with yellows from a door strip wool that had four stripes with different shades---it worked out great.


Here is Anne's Scrappy cat---he is going to be stuffed.  He is going to be a great cat---lots of textures and even some paisley!


Here is Jan's Penny Rug Sunflower, a Primitive Grace pattern.  This is a great pattern and Jan was doing a great job---I love the red background and all the fun textures.

Well that is it for now---time to fix dinner---will try to post more tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment