Friday, October 14, 2011

Going to bed early---tomorrow is my 5 K race

The past two years I have ran the Kansas City marathon---this year I am only running the 5K.  I  kinda wish I was running the half marathon again---but come Sunday I'll be glad I only ran the 5K.  I have a new goal this year---to run my fastest 5 K that I have ever done---we'll see.  The first race I ran was this race in 2008 with my friend Carolyn and my time was almost 36 minutes---I will need to beat 28:46 which I did on Mother's Day 2010.
The first mile on this one is a long gradual hill, then the second mile is downhill and the third mile is flat.
That should make for an interesting run.  Here is my plan---i am going to stretch and do some light jogging to warm up so I am ready for the first hill and go strong but not too fast so i can fly down the hill and push on the flat as fast as I can without killing myself.

I had an interesting dinner---I made spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and grilled chicken.  It is hard to believe it but a cup of the squash only has 41 calories---it was yummy---didn't even miss the pasta.

I have been working on a Santa piece that I started at Teacher's workshop a couple of years ago---I finally decided to finish it---I am framing it myself with a frame that I purchased on EBAY---hopefully i will post the finished picture on Sunday, so stay tuned.

I did some dyeing today---trying to duplicate a piece of what Kathy called Tarnished Brass---I think I finally got it right.  It is already in the mail ---I should have taken a picture of it.

Okay it 's off to bed---have to get up at 4:30.

1 comment:

  1. nICE bLOG ....
    for selection of carpets, rugs and spring bed options please visit our webblog yah ... nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete